Deirdre Kamber Todd, Esquire (DKT@KamberLegal.com)
With nineteen years of experience in employment law, information technology law, and health information privacy, Ms. Kamber Todd provides services to both organizations and individuals. Her work includes human resources, labor relations, workplace training, contracts, unemployment compensation, benefits, severance, agency practice, and litigation. Her background also includes the School Code, Right to Know Law, public employment, home healthcare, LGBT rights, and the John DuPont murder trial.
- Since 2004, Attorney Kamber Todd has worked in the Lehigh Valley providing legal services to businesses, nonprofits, municipalities, schools, and individuals.
- Working in Manhattan, prior to 2004, Attorney Kamber Todd represented hundreds of clients in discrimination cases against Fortune 500 companies.
- Her work experience also includes the Harvard School of Public Health, where she contributed to various undertakings including Human Rights and Public Health in the AIDS Pandemic (Eds., Lazzarini, Z. J.D., M.P.H. and Gostin, L.O., Esq., Oxford Press 1996) and HIV-InSite, a trailblazing website dedicated to the sharing of legal information relating to HIV/AIDs.
- As an adjunct professor for the MBA Program at DeSales University, a trainer for Lorman Education Services, a member of the National Speakers’ Bureau for Society of Human Resource Management, and a guest of numerous organizations and clients, Attorney Kamber Todd has given hundreds of trainings on issues relating to employment issues, social media, internet, healthcare, HIPAA, diversity, compliance, and other related issues.
- New York, 1999, 2000 (State Court, Southern & Eastern Districts of NY)
- Pennsylvania, 2004 (Commonwealth Court, Eastern District of PA)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of Limerick, M.A., with Distinction, 1995
- Brandeis University, B.A., Honors Dissertation, 1994
- Seton Hall University, Social Media Certification, 2012
- HIPAA Academy, Harvard University, C.H.P. (Certified HIPAA Professional), 2010
- Office of the Attorney General, Pennsylvania, Operation Safe Surf, 2009
- EEOC, Racial Steering, 2007
- President-Elect, Society for Human Resource Management Lehigh Valley (SHRM LV)
- Appointee, Public Policy Committee, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Board member, LGBT Steering Committee, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Appointee, Commission on Women in the Profession, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Speaker’s Bureau, SHRM National
- Member, Lehigh County Bar Association
- Member, MENSA
- Trainer, Operation Safe Surf
- Awardee, “Twenty Under Forty” by the Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal
- Grantee, National Public Justice Foundation
- Awardee, Ethics Award, New York State Bar Association
NOTABLE CASES and PUBLICATIONS
- Jacoby v. Bethlehem Suburban Motor Sales, 2011 WL 1882482, (E.D.Pa., 2011)
- Spadoni v. Easton Area School District, 2009 WL 449108, 186 L.R.R.M. (BNA) 2284, 157 Lab.Cas. P 11,201, (E.D.Pa. 2009)
- Campbell v. Pocono Mountain Area School District, 6384 CV 2009 (Oct. 2, 2009)
- Zeldenrust v. Pocono Mountain Area School District, 5263 CV 2009 (Oct. 2, 2009)
- “Legal Complexities Always Accompany Internet Usage at Work,” Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal (September 26, 2010)
- “Companies Need Social Media Policies: Facebook, LinkedIn Can Help And Hurt Your Business,” The Morning Call (June 8, 2010)
- “Playboy for Work,” Employment Today (New Zealand, August Edition, 2010)